See other companies on Otta

Asset Reality

We build software to seize, manage and liquidate proceeds of crime assets.

21-100 employees
  • B2B
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Security
  • Compliance
  • Fraud
Westminster, London, UK

Company mission

Simplify the handling of complex seized assets.

Top investors

Few candidates hear
back within 2 weeks

Otta's take

Theo Margolius headshot

Theo Margolius

COO of Otta

Collapses of blockchain institutions like FTX and Celsius cost users billions of dollars worldwide, with existing asset recovery systems recovering about 1% of assets. Asset Reality hopes to recover the remaining 99%. With experience in some of the world’s earliest crypto asset recovery cases, the team is well placed to achieve this.

With a range of clients from governments and law enforcement agencies to private crypto wallet and blockchain companies, they are now focused on building trust within the industry. They hope to continue to support victims of collapsed platforms with a solution to gain access to their assets.

Their platform makes seizing assets easier and faster. With high profile crypto collapse cases in the news, will consumers continue to store assets on the blockchain or move to safer solutions?

Benefits

  • Healthcare

Funding (2 rounds)

Jan 2024

$6.8m

SERIES A

Jan 2023

$5m

SEED

$11.8m

Total funding

This company has top investors

Founders

Aidan Larkin

(Co-founder / CEO)

A former criminal tax inspector for UK HMRC and an experienced Seized Asset Manager. He was the world's first seized crypto auctioneer.

Nick Furneaux

(Co-Founder / Board Advisor)

A blockchain intelligence expert who has investigated > US$20b of crime involving cryptocurrencies and wrote the default textbook "Investigating Cryptocurrencies".

Hugo Elliott

(Co-Founder / CFO)

An investment banker in a past life, now a serial entrepreneur having built a hydro-electric power plant, worked in micro-finance, founded a sports events company all before Asset Reality.

Jobs (2)

All locations

Software Engineering